Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3

Today was a bit restful, and really nice. It feels more and more like home every hour. This morning, the girls and the dad took the mum to the gym so the girls could get a car nap. For about an hour or so, I had the house to myself. Something about this time made me feel even more comfortable. When they got back, we all went to look for a new tv (the 1-year-old sort of broke the old one - oops), then we went to Sylvia Park. It is a mall, and in the middle of it, there is a place for kids to zorb on water and bungee down two poles. America has carousels for their kids - NZ has bungees and zorbs!

We got to see the nana, a great uncle, and a super fun great aunt there, and we had coffee with them while the girls played on the playground. We came back for a late lunch, then hung around here while they went back to actually buy the tv. I had more sushi for supper. :)

Here are a couple views from the front porch looking down the street, then one at the Mission Bay beach:




Tomorrow, we get to go with the former au pair to Devenport - which I hear is artsy and just a ferry ride away! I am quite looking forward to it. Thank you all for your prayers and your encouragement. They all mean more to me than you could know. 

3 comments:

  1. It was fun talking to you last night! I love you, sweet thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley!
    I was watching a tv show and they mentioned a New Zealand dish (can't remember the name--I'm old!) and the Today show was showing the New Year Celebration at Aukland...You mentioned Thoreau in your blog and I'm reading a book that also mentioned Thoreau...You are everywhere in my heart sweet gal! Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley what a great day to be able to relax and get more comfy at the house. I know that it is important to have some down time. Your mom was telling us about how neat your family in New Zealand is towards you. I hope today was/ is delightful. Let me know how January the 4th will treat us. :) Angela

    ReplyDelete